My People Partner retained services give you the confidence that you have an annual number of hours support on hand whenever you need it.
You’ll have guaranteed access to qualified, experienced and realistic guidance at the right time for you. This service is an annual retainer basis provided on an add hoc basis face to face, via e-mail or telephone.
Click here to request further details of packages available.
Outsourcing your HR responsibilities gives you the comfort of knowing that your people activities are legally compliant and appropriate for your business.
I’ll help you to understand the challenges facing you, help engage your employees with your vision and be there by your side when issues arise. I help you manage the workloads, consult with your staff and keep you up to date with changing demands. My support will free up valuable time for people who have other priorities in the business.
Why Outsource Your HR?
From time to time, whether we are prepared or not, issues can crop up with grievances, absence, contract disputes, dismissal and redundancy. The cost of making a mistake or mishandling employment issues is huge. The legislation is heavily weighted in favour of the employee and for any business a claim can be costly both in time and money, not to mention the damage to your reputation. The following link gives you examples of the cases which have been heard in the Isle of Man. I also deal with employment law in the UK and other jurisdictions.
I can help you put the foundations in place to make sure you reduce the chances of any claims cropping up and I’ll work alongside you when the unexpected happens.
Value for Money
Many businesses do not need a dedicated or full-time resource and outsourced HR is an excellent way for a business to reduce fixed overheads and maintain a flexible approach to service delivery.
By adding it to an existing employee workload there’s a risk that HR matters are not being given the right level of priority or resource. It means that there is not enough expertise or time to dedicate to the work. Others may give the work to a very junior person, who has the admin capability but not the knowledge to know if what is being produced is legally compliant.
Outsourcing the service to us allows you to free up existing resources and to support those you already have in house. I’ll leave you to concentrate on what’s really important – growing and running your business. I can offer an experienced, qualified and competent resource, either on a standalone basis or supporting your existing staff. I cover all of your needs at a cost you can afford.
The service and support offering I give you is totally personalised and I will agree with you what your business needs at any particular time. I won’t charge you for services you don’t need and I’ll make sure there is dedicated resource at the times you need me. My packages start from as little as £192.00 per month.
Based in Douglas, I help you navigate Isle of Man legislation and, where relevant, legislation in the UK and across the globe. I’m a consultancy business who is happy to grow with you as you expand your business.
Many companies who lack the expertise, don’t know what to do when things go wrong. Here’s some of the specific areas I help with:-
- Guidance on current employment law and how to deal with employee issues.
- Provide you with clear policies which explain exactly what is required of employees and employers to guide you through each subject.
- Write concise and legally compliant employment contracts which are individual to your business and the way you work.
- Help you measure the impact of absence to your business in loss of productivity or the affect on your customer service. I’ll tell you how to mange absence, including sickness, maternity, paternity and special leave to keep your costs to a minimum.
- I’ll help to support you and your employee during a period of long term absence and help to get the team member back to the workplace.
- Coach you on how to recognise and deal effectively with grievances from staff and help you understand the consequences of ignoring the complaint.
- Discipline or dismissal is a very emotive and difficult area. I’ll help you to do what needs to be done with empathy, without damage to your reputation and in the best way for all parties.
- Help with performance management systems, including appraisals, effective goal setting and evaluation of achievement. I can also help you to link appraisals and objectives into cost neutral bonus schemes.
- If you’re in the unfortunate position of having to make people redundant or restructure your business, I can guide you through the process in a timely and sensitive manner.
- I’ll put some structure and safeguards into your recruitment processes, helping you find the right people every time you hire a new employee. I’ll co-ordinate advertising, shortlisting, interviewing, pre-employment checks, work permits and help to give your new employee a positive experience as they are welcomed into your business.
- Put in place effective plans to help develop your staff to be the best they can be, through structured training, coaching, internal programmes and outsourced training.
- I’ll help you design regular reporting formats and trackers to enable you to set and meet your HR targets, in a format which can be presented at Board level or provided externally.
The above are some common examples, however my expertise expands over many areas, so please do contact me for help in any other area of HR.
Who would benefit from Outsourced HR
Those who have no current HR expertise in house, or are relying on an existing member of the team to carry out the duties would benefit greatly from this service. I can offer you the time and resource you need as and when you need it. You won’t pay for a service you don’t use.
I take a very practical approach, dovetailing into your existing teams and offering a safe pair of hand for all your employment responsibilities. I don’t just tell people what needs to be done, I’ll work alongside you or do it for you, explaining in a jargon free way what I’ve done and why.
I’ll be there, working beside you when you need me.